Graduate Student Membership
and Graduate Student Members must have an active interest in electronic media or other multimedia enterprises related to research and creative endeavors.
All Memberships are based on the calendar year, January through December.
MEMBER BENIFITS INCLUDE:
•Join up to four of BEA’s 19 Interest Divisions, each offering newsletters, paper competitions with cash awards, and opportunities to communicate with students sharing similar interests.
• BEA’s Membership Directory is searchable by person, school and state – start your search and connect with students from other schools, Corporate Associate Members or State Broadcast Associations.
•Publications/Subscriptions: BEA publishes three journals:
• Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media (JOBEM) – A quarterly, peer-reviewed publication. Members receive a hard-copy of the journal.
• Journal of Radio & Audio Media (JRAM) – A bi-annual, peer-reviewed publication – a hard-copy subscription is available for $14 each year and can be added to your membership.
• Journal of Media Education (JoME) – A quarterly & editor-reviewed publication (available only online to all students).
• Graduate Student Members may select one complimentary Taylor & Francis journal and receive a 20% discount on all Taylor & Francis books and journals.
• Internship & entry level opportunities with industry partners can be viewed in the BEA Classified section.
• Research & Creative Awards are available through Interest Division Paper Competitions, and the Festival of Media Arts Competitions
• E-Newsletters keep you posted on deadlines & events, training opportunities, grants, scholarships, conventions, equipment & software manufacturers, multimedia and publishing organizations.
• BEA’s Annual Convention has a special student member rate and includes comp registration to the annual NAB Show – co-located each year in Las Vegas, NV. You will also receive access to the NAB/BEA Career Fair that take place during the convention.