Undergraduate Student Membership
Student Members must have an active interest in electronic media or other multimedia enterprises related to research and creative endeavors. Full-time undergraduate students only enrolled at a BEA Member Institution can become a Student Member at no cost.
All Memberships are based on the calendar year, January through December.
Undergraduate Students attending BEA Institutional Members
MEMBER BENIFITS INCLUDE:
•Join up to four of BEA’s 19 Interest Divisions, each offering newsletters, paper competitions with cash awards, and opportunities to communicate with students sharing similar interests.
• BEA’s Membership Directory is searchable by person, school and state – start your search and connect with students from other schools, Corporate Associate Members or State Broadcast Associations.
• Access to BEA Connect – A member only community where members can engage with each other. Examples of some highlights for Faculty are share released books in the BEA Book Store, Class Syllabus’s in the Syllabus Exchange. Student’s can post ePortfolios and connect with corporate members looking to hire.
• Internship & entry level opportunities with industry partners can be viewed in the BEA Classified section.
• Research & Creative Awards are available through the annual Research Symposium, Interest Division Paper Competitions, the Festival of Media Arts Competitions,
• E-Newsletters keep you posted on deadlines & events, training opportunities, grants, scholarships, conventions, equipment & software manufacturers, multimedia and publishing organizations.
• BEA’s Annual Convention has a special student member rate and includes comp registration to the annual NAB Show – co-located each year in Las Vegas, NV. You will also receive access to the Career Day activities that take place during the convention and at the NAB Radio Show.