Undergraduate Student Membership
Student Members must have an active interest in electronic media or other multimedia enterprises related to research and creative endeavors. Full-time undergraduate students only enrolled at a BEA Member Institution can become a Student Member at no cost.
All Memberships are based on the calendar year, January through December.
Undergraduate Students attending BEA Institutional Members
MEMBER BENIFITS INCLUDE:
• Access to BEA Connect – BEA Connect is our new online community we use to share resources and encourage collaboration with our members. We invite student’s to create and post ePortfolios to connect with corporate members looking to hire. On the upper right corner of the page, click on your name and “View my Profile” to update your information and add your bio and resume. Make sure you include social media links, in particular your LinkedIn profile. Located in our Resources/Discussions group, take a look at the NEW Student Media Hub where students have a chance to view and post best practices in and around their on campus TV and radio stations.
•Join up to four of BEA’s 19 Interest Divisions, each offering newsletters, paper competitions with cash awards, and opportunities to communicate with students sharing similar interests.
•MMJ Program at #BEAvegas – BEA Student MMJs are a team of undergraduate students with the task of reporting on #BEAvegas and NAB Show by using and infusing a variety of story-telling methods –text, audio, video, pictures and graphics (or infographics). Student MMJs should be ready to think outside the box and jump into a busy convention.
• BEA’s Membership Directory is searchable by person, school and state – start your search and connect with students from other schools, Corporate Associate Members or State Broadcast Associations.
• Internship & entry level opportunities with industry partners can be viewed in the BEA Classified section.
• Research & Creative Awards are available through the annual Research Symposium, Interest Division Paper Competitions, the Festival of Media Arts Competitions,
• E-Newsletters keep you posted on deadlines & events, training opportunities, grants, scholarships, conventions, equipment & software manufacturers, multimedia and publishing organizations.
• BEA’s Annual Convention has a special student member rate and includes comp registration to the annual NAB Show – co-located each year in Las Vegas, NV. You will also receive access to the Career Day activities that take place during the convention.
•BEA Student Influencer: NEW this year! BEA is looking for innovative and dynamic content creators to showcase the opportunities and benefits BEA has to offer our student members. As part of the BEA Student Influencer team, you’ll collaborate with peers and professionals across the country, and represent a premier international academic media organization. Open for current undergraduate or graduate student and member of BEA student media club.