Journal of Radio & Audio Media (JRAM) Call for Editor
Term: January 1, 2025 – December 31, 2027 | Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
For over 65 years, BEA has served as the academic media association of university professors and industry professionals who teach students, worldwide, and prepare them for careers in broadcasting and related emerging technologies.
The BEA Publications Committee seeks applicants for the next editor of the Journal of Radio & Audio Media (JRAM). The new editor will be selected in April 2024 in conjunction with the BEA Publications Committee and BEA Board meetings. The 3-year term begins January 2025 and concludes December 2027, but the editor must be on board earlier to learn the mechanics of the position and to begin reviewing manuscripts by May 2024 for the May 2025 issue. Visit BEA’s Publications page of www.BEAweb.org for more journal information.
BEA underwrites the following direct costs:
– all production and distribution expenses of the Journal
– modest honorarium for the editor
– a stipend to help support editorial assistants (this could be in the form of a subsidy to the sponsoring institution)
– BEA annual convention registration
Interested applicants should upload one PDF that includes the following:
– a letter expressing interest in and ability to edit and produce a scholarly journal, summarizing ideas for the Journal (to include special editions), and stating that they have read and agree to adhere to BEA publication policies.
– a complete resume noting all research experience and publications
– a letter from appropriate administration officials (e.g., chair and dean) indicating the institution’s commitment and support for the potential editor
While it is not mandatory, the editor should receive some release time from teaching duties and support for his or her professional travel and engagement.
Applicants should electronically submit all requested materials no later than January 15, 2024, and meet with the BEA Publications Committee, via Zoom, for an interview. The Publications Committee will recommend a candidate to the BEA Board of Directors for final selection.
Please CLICK HERE to upload applications and materials.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024