JOURNAL OF BROADCASTING & ELECTRONIC MEDIA: CALL FOR EDITOR
Term: January 1, 2025-December 31, 2027 | Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
For almost 70 years, the Broadcast Education Association has been the academic media association of university professors and industry professionals who teach and prepare students for professions in broadcasting and related emerging technologies.
BEA seeks applicants for the next editor of the Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media (JoBEM). The editor will be selected in April 2024. The 3-year term as editor is from January 2025 through December 2027 and covers Volumes 68 through 70. The incoming editor will begin working with the current editor in summer 2024 to learn the mechanics of the position and will assume review of newly submitted manuscripts. (Manuscripts already under review will remain the responsibility of the former editor.) The former and new editors will work together to accomplish a seamless transition.
Interested applicants should send:
- a letter expressing their interest in and ability to edit and produce a scholarly journal, summarizing their ideas for the JoBEM, and stating that they have read and agree to adhere to BEA publication policies, which are online at www.beaweb.org.
- a complete resume identifying all publications and research experience, and
- a letter from appropriate administration officials (e.g., chair and dean) indicating the level of the institution’s commitment and support for the potential editor.
The editor’s home institution is expected to provide office space, suitable technology and sufficient secretarial and/or graduate assistant support. The editor also should receive some release time from teaching duties and support for professional travel and engagement. In addition, the editor should attend BEA’s annual convention each April to participate in the Publications Committee meeting and meet with members interested in getting published in the journal.
- all production and distribution expenses of JoBEM
- a modest honorarium for the editor
- a subsidy to the sponsoring institution to help support editorial assistants.
All application materials must be received by BEA Headquarters no later than March 1, 2024. Applicants should be available for an interview with the Publication Committee in April 2024. BEA’s Publications Committee will recommend a candidate to the BEA Board of Directors at their meeting in April 2024. The new editor will begin reviewing manuscripts shortly after selection in cooperation with the outgoing editor.
Potential applicants are encouraged to communicate with the current editor, Shuhua Zhou, City University of Hong Kong and/or the BEA Publications Committee Chair, Joe Blaney, Illinois State University, .
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024