2023 Call for BEA Faculty Fellow of Student Programs
Application Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2023
BEA seeks applicants for a Faculty Fellow of Student Programs to support BEA student clubs and assist with the development of innovative and high impact programming for students pursuing careers in radio, television, film, and the related media industries of news and entertainment.
The fellow will serve as chair of a presidentially-appointed task force on student membership. Specific duties will include:
– Assessing and developing renewed structure to the BEA Student Media Clubs in addition to overseeing the BEA Student Media Clubs. (This includes the newly acquired NBS/NEMA Chapters).
– Support and assist the work of BEA Clubs (including management of the BEA 48 film and audio competitions).
– Explore and recommend enhancements to student member benefits and programs.
– Work with BEA staff to develop and manage student specific programming and tracks at BEA convention.
– Participate on the NBA/NEMA-AERho planning committee.
– Develop student programming (in-person and/or virtual) throughout the course of the year (examples: career development activities, guest speakers, etc.).
– Attend BEA’s annual convention and the spring board meeting (and be available to participate in the fall meeting electronically.)
Interested applicants should submit the following:
– a letter expressing their interest in, ability and qualifications for the position.
– a comprehensive resume or CV.
The fellow will be appointed to a two-year term, renewable for a third year. The term is from September 2023 through September 2025. The position is open to individual BEA members who are full time university faculty. BEA will underwrite an annual $3,000 stipend for the fellow.
All application materials must be received no later than Monday, July 24, 2023.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2023.