Call for 2023 BEA Faculty Fellow of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB)
Application Deadline: Monday, August 10, 2023
As part of BEA’s effort to foster a more diverse and representative association and serve as a bridge to help our membership develop as more thoughtful media practitioners, BEA seeks applicants for a Faculty Fellow of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB). The fellow will serve as an ex-officio member the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Committee and as a liaison to the board of directors and staff on DEIB programming and membership initiatives. Specific duties will include:
– Convene outreach virtual meetings with faculty and students at Minority Serving Institutes (MSIs), which include Historically Black Colleges and universities (HBCUs), Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs), Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs), Asian American, Native American Pacific Islander-Serving institutions (AANAPIs) and Tribal Colleges.
– Serve as chair of the BEA Special DEIB Special Initiatives Task Force, which consists of BEA Board district representatives and other interested BEA members and serves to help implement programs in conjunction with the BEA Faculty Fellow for DEIB
– Work with BEA staff to coordinate BEA’s institutional membership for MSIs – this includes complimentary institutional membership to all Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and undergraduate students attending HBCUs.
– Build relationships with MSIs and other underrepresented groups or individuals with the goal of diversifying BEA membership.
– Encourage and promote involvement of students and faculty at MSIs in BEA programming, events and initiatives
– Attend BEA’s annual convention and spring board meetings. (Note: the fall board meeting is optional.)
Interested applicants should send:
– a letter expressing their interest in, ability and qualifications to develop, produce and manage BEA’s D&I programs.
– a comprehensive resume or CV.
The fellow will be selected in September 2023 for a two-year term, renewable for a third year. The term is from September 2023 through August 2025. The position is open to individual BEA members who are full time university faculty. BEA will underwrite an annual $3,000 stipend for the fellow.
All application materials must be received no later than Monday, August 10, 2023. Applicants should be available for an interview with the executive committee and/or executive director this summer.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 10, 2023.