BEA Book Awards
BEA invites nominations for the 2021 BEA Book & Textbook Awards
Submissions due: January 15, 2021
These awards recognize an outstanding book and textbook in the field of broadcasting and mass communication. BEA members (as of January 15, 2021), may self-nominate any first-edition scholarly work in one of two categories:
1) monograph/edited collection, or
2) textbook, published in 2019 or 2020 (January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020) that is relevant to broadcasting and mass communication.
Nominees should provide the following information by January 15, 2021:
- A nomination letter that includes the book’s title, author(s) or editor(s), copyright date, publisher, ISBN, category to be judged in (book or textbook) and an explanation of the book’s contribution to the field of broadcasting and mass communication
- Author’s mailing address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement that the author will attend the 2021 BEA Conference in Las Vegas if their book is selected as one of the winners. Winners will be presented their award at the 2021 BEA Awards Ceremony. The winner will receive a complimentary convention registration.
- Five copies of the book being nominated for the award. Entries that are not in print by Dec. 31 will be disqualified
Send nomination materials to:
Dr. Michael Bruce
The University of Alabama
901 University Blvd.
Phifer Hall 409
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401