Student Members must have an active interest in electronic media or other multimedia enterprises related to research and creative endeavors. Full-time undergraduate students only enrolled at a BEA Member Institution can become a Student Member at no cost.
All Memberships are based on the calendar year, January through December.
Graduate Students: $55
Undergraduate Students: $55
Undergraduate Students attending BEA Institutional Members: FREE
MEMBER BENIFITS INCLUDE:
•Join up to four of BEA’s 17 Interest Divisions, each offering newsletters, paper competitions with cash awards, and opportunities to communicate with students sharing similar interests.
• BEA’s Membership Directory is searchable by person, school and state – start your search and connect with students from other schools, Corporate Associate Members or State Broadcast Associations.
•Publications/Subscriptions (Graduate Students only): BEA publishes three journals:
• Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media (JOBEM) – A quarterly, peer-reviewed publication. Members receive a hard-copy of the journal.
• Journal of Radio & Audio Media (JRAM) – A bi-annual, peer-reviewed publication – a hard-copy subscription is available for $14 each year and can be added to your membership.
• Journal of Media Education (JoME) – A quarterly & editor-reviewed publication (available only online to all students).
• Graduate Student Members may select one complimentary Taylor & Francis journal and receive a 20% discount on all Taylor & Francis books and journals.
• Internship & entry level opportunities with industry partners can be viewed in the BEA Classified section.
• E-Newsletters keep you posted on deadlines & events, training opportunities, grants, scholarships, conventions, equipment & software manufacturers, multimedia and publishing organizations.
• BEA’s Annual Convention has a special student member rate and includes comp registration to the annual NAB Show – co-located each year in Las Vegas, NV. You will also receive access to the NABEF/BEA Career Fairs that take place during the convention and at the NAB Radio Show.