Student Members must have an active interest in electronic media or other multimedia enterprises related to research and creative endeavors. Full-time students (undergraduate and graduate) enrolled at a BEA Member Institution can become a Student Member at no cost.
AllMemberships are based on the calendar year, January through December.
RATES: FREE with Institutional Membership | Student Member $55 (undergrad and grad)
Click here for details on getting free student membership.
MEMBER BENIFITS INCLUDE:
•Access to BEA Connect, BEA’s social site for members to engage, communicate & share resources. Members can connect through a network of announcements, discussions, interests & concerns. You’ll find everything from student internship opportunities to announcements on scholarships, creative and research competitions.
•Join up to four of BEA’s 17 Interest Divisions, each offering newsletters, paper competitions with cash awards, and opportunities to communicate with students sharing similar interests.
• BEA’s Membership Directory is searchable by person, school and state - start your search and connect with students from other schools, Corporate Associate Members or State Broadcast Associations.
•Publications/Subscriptions: BEA publishes three journals:
• Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media (JOBEM) - A quarterly, peer-reviewed publication. Members receive a hard-copy of the journal.
• Journal of Radio & Audio Media (JRAM) - A bi-annual, peer-reviewed publication - a hard-copy subscription is available for $14 each year and can be added to your membership.
• Journal of Media Education (JoME) - A quarterly & editor-reviewed publication (only available online).
• Members may select one complimentary Taylor & Francis journal and receive a 20% discount on all Taylor & Francis books and journals.
• BEA annually awards over $17,500 in academic Scholarships for both full-time undergraduate and graduate students attending BEA institutional members.
• Internship opportunities with industry partners can be viewed in the Student Internship Group at BEA Connect.
• Research & Creative Awards are available through Interest Division Paper Competitions, the Festival of Media Arts Competitions, and the Freedom of Speech Competition
• E-Newsletters keep you posted on deadlines & events, training opportunities, grants, scholarships, conventions, equipment & software manufacturers, multimedia and publishing organizations.
• BEA’s Annual Convention has a special student member rate and includes comp registration to the annual NAB Show - co-located each year in Las Vegas, NV. You will also receive access to the NABEF/BEA Career Fairs that take place during the convention and at the NAB Radio Show.
• 15% discount to Future Media Concepts (FMC) Training Workshops.