Journal of Media Education – Call for Creative Submissions
The Journal of Media Education announces a call for creative submissions for the October 2017 issue. As part of our commitment to making JoME the premier online publication for media educators, all creative submissions will now be peer-reviewed. We will accept creative work in Narrative and Documentary film/video, Audio, Interactive Multimedia, News, Sports, and Script Writing. The process for consideration is as follows:
Submit an abstract only (no media files) of 500 – 600 words addressing the following:
• The nature and purpose of the piece
• When it was created
• The research and production process
• The pedagogical applications of the production (classroom applications)
• Student involvement (if any)
• The role this played in your formative/professional development
• The role this played in your tenure/promotion process (if any)
If your submission is accepted for review, you will be notified and provided with instruction for uploading you work for JoME. Once the peer- review process is complete you will be notified of the results.
If your work is selected for publication you will be expected to provide an article of 1500-3000 words to accompany it. The article will address in more detail the same bullet points listed above.
All submission abstracts are due no later than April 15, 2017. Please send abstract submission as a Word document to David Byland at email@example.com