Journal of Media Education (JoME) – Call for Creative Submissions
Deadline August 1
The Journal of Media Education (JoME) announces a call for creative submissions for the upcoming October 2018 issue. As part of our commitment to making JoME the premier online publication for media educators, all creative submissions will be peer-reviewed.
We accept creative work in:
Narrative and Documentary Film/Video
The process for consideration is as follows:
Submit a media file/link and a 500-600 word abstract addressing the following:
• The nature and purpose of the piece
• When it was created
• The research and production process
• The pedagogical applications of the production (classroom applications)
• Student involvement (if any)
• The role this played in your formative/professional development
• The role this played in your tenure/promotion process (if any)
If your submission is accepted for review, you will be notified. Once the peer- review process is complete you will be notified of the results.
If your work is selected for publication you will be expected to provide an article of 1500-3000 words to accompany it. The article will address in more detail the same bullet points listed above.