The BEA Research Committee invite submission of original, non-published research papers to be considered for presentation at the BEA Conference April 15-18 in Las Vegas.
Deadline: December 15
The BEA Research Committee is looking for research that addresses topics relevant to social media. Examples include but are not limited to: social media and advertising, social media effects; cross-cultural, international and/or global social media research; the economic, social, and political impact of social media; social media and public relations; social media and crisis communications; social media and news; social media and sports; social media analytics; and other research studying social media in the field of mass communication or human communication.
All research papers must be uploaded through the BEA Submission Site and submitted to the BEA Research Committee Special Call: Social Media unit by December 15, 2022.
- Submit the paper via the BEA website link to the BEA Research Committee Special Call: Social Media. Files should be a PDF. All BEA papers go through a blind review process. There should be no identifying information on the paper or in file properties.
- The paper should be uploaded to the server no later than 11:59 PM (Central Daylight Time) on December 15, 2022.
- An abstract of no more than 75 words will also be required.
- Completely fill out the online submission form with author(s) name, affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. The title should be printed on the first page of the text and on running heads on each page of text, as well as on the title page. Do NOT include author’s name on running heads or title page.
- Papers uploaded with author’s identifying information will not be considered for review and will be automatically disqualified.
- Papers are accepted for peer review on the understanding that they are not already under review for other conferences and that they have been submitted to only ONE BEA “group” for evaluation (ie.one division or special research call). Papers accepted should not have been presented to other conferences or published in scholarly or trade journals prior to presentation at the conference.
- Papers submitted with both faculty and student authors will be considered, faculty papers and are not eligible for student competitions.
- At least one author of an accepted paper must attend the conference to present the paper.
- The papers submitted should use APA style (double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font). They should not exceed 30 pages (not including title/abstract)
- Papers should include an introductory section, a literature review, method section, results section, and a discussion section.
Questions? Email help@BEAweb.org