PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE
To foster collaborative efforts between BEA Interest Divisions (IDs) and senior and junior scholars connect, BEA has created the “Collaborative Research Competition.” The goal of the competition is to encourage research projects between different divisions and scholars in varying degrees of their professional careers. Start connecting with a partner by creating a post in BEA Connect or on the BEA Panel Seeking Panelist Facebook page. Visit BEA Connect Discussions/Resources – and then “+ Add Topic” to post your research idea.
- Teams of 2-4 research collaborators (Teams may consist of faculty, graduate students or undergraduate students; as well as a combination of the previously mentioned.
- Sign up your team and topic by August 15.
- When you sign up, please designate which two BEA Interest Divisions are the target audience for your research.
This Collaborative Research Competition is accepting Research-In-Progress ONLY! Must be submitted by January 15, 2023.
Extended abstract (EA) submissions should follow the template provided as a way to judge the submissions as evenly as possible.
Upload an EA of no more than 3,000 words. EAs should include the following and submit by following the instructions and using the link below:
- Literature Review
- Research questions and/or hypotheses
- Proposed methodology
- Brief summary of expected results
Only the title of the paper should appear on the uploaded information and running heads of the abstract to allow for BLIND REVIEW. Your name and contact information will be provided via your online EA submission registration in the system. No cover page with this information is needed.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCESS:
BEA Members will be able to upload papers or extended abstracts to the BEA2023 All Academic site with their BEA membership login and password. If you know your BEA login information login to your All Academic account. If you forgot your BEA membership password, click here to reset. If you ARE NOT a BEA member, create an All Academic account by clicking here. Once you login with your BEA membership login and password, follow the steps below:
1. Submit a paper… Click on the link for “Submit or Edit a Paper or Program Proposal.”
2. Select 2023 BEA Collaborative Research Competition
3. Submit the title & abstract… Follow the guidelines to add a title and abstract
4. Adding co-authors… At the prompt, add any co-authors to the paper. Note: If your coauthor(s) aren’t BEA members, have them create All Academic accounts first so you can easily search and link them to the paper.
5. Review & Upload… Review your information and upload your paper or extended abstract by using the “Upload Paper” link. Editing Abilities… You can edit and/or re-submit papers up until the deadline at 11:59 pm ET on January 15, 2023.
- $250 for top research collaborators
- $150 for second place
- $50 for third place
Authors of top selected EA projects will be invited to present at BEA’s annual convention in Las Vegas, April 15-18, 2023. Registration information will be available in early fall 2022.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Blind peer-review
- Submission has 2-4 collaborators
- Conveys the purpose of the research project with clarity
- Addresses all of the components in the suggested template
The pool of reviewers will be made up of BEA members, including board and interest division leadership.
DEADLINES / BENCHMARKS
Jul 15, 2022 – First Friday Zoom Meeting to discuss competition
August 15, 2022 – Sign up and Subject Deadline
Jan 15, 2023 – Extended Abstracts Deadline
Feb 15, 2023 – Date for notification of acceptance
April 15-18, 2023 – Presentation during BEA’s annual convention in Las Vegas