Journal of Radio & Audio Media Call for Editor
Term: January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2024 | Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
For 65 years, the Broadcast Education Association has served as the academic media association of university professors and industry professionals who teach students, worldwide, and prepare them for careers in broadcasting and related emerging technologies.
The BEA Publications Committee seeks applicants for the next editor of the Journal of Radio & Audio Media. The new editor will be selected in April 2020, at the BEA Publications Committee and Board meetings . The 3-year term begins January 2022 and concludes December 2024, but the editor must be on board earlier to learn the mechanics of the position and to begin reviewing manuscripts by May 2021 for the May 2022 issue. Visit the Publications page of www.BEAweb.org for more journal information.
BEA underwrites the following direct costs:
– all production and distribution expenses of the Journal
– modest honorarium for the editor
– a subsidy to the sponsoring institution to help support editorial assistants
– BEA annual convention registration
Interested applicants should send:
– a letter expressing interest in and ability to edit and produce a scholarly journal, summarizing their ideas for the Journal, and stating that they have read and agree to adhere to BEA publication policies.
– a complete resume noting all research experience and publications
– a letter from appropriate administration officials (e.g., chair and dean) indicating the institution’s commitment and support for the potential editor
The editor’s home institution is expected to provide office space, access to equipment such as a computer, and sufficient secretarial and/or graduate assistant support. The editor also should receive some release time from teaching duties and support for his or her professional travel and engagement.
Applicants should electronically submit all requested materials no later than January 15, 2021 and should be able to meet with the BEA Publications Committee for an interview in Las Vegas in April 2020 (during the BEA convention). The Publications Committee will recommend a candidate to the BEA Board of Directors for final selection.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to communicate with the current JRAM editor, Anne MacLennan at or the BEA Publications Committee Chair, Stephen Perry at .
Please send applications and materials to Heather Birks at
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021