We know that Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is top-of-mind for many of you. This includes managing its impact on the BEA’s annual convention and protecting the health of our members and families. At this time, we are responsibly monitoring the situation while continuing to move forward with plans for the 2020 convention.
As a partner of NAB Show, we are working with NAB who is coordinating with global, federal, and local public health officials to put enhanced health protocols into place and the health and safety of our members first. Please visit NAB’s Coronavirus Updates and Resources page for the latest information.
In the event that plans for the 2020 convention change, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Please contact heather@BEAweb.org with any questions or concerns.
The following resources are being updated regularly with timely information:
- A live-tracker of the spread of the disease from Johns Hopkins University.
- The latest updates from the WHO on the virus.
- WHO’s recommendations for the public to reduce exposure.
- The Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for traveling.
- WHO’s event planning guide with recommendations for those planning large events.
- A Joint Statement on Tourism and COVID-19 – UNWTO and WHO Call for Responsibility and Coordination.
- WHO’s rolling updates on coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- The CDC’s interim guidance for planning mass gatherings or large community events.