DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 12/3/19
The Broadcast Education Association (BEA) invites scholarly media related research from academics, students and professionals for presentation at BEA2020 in Las Vegas. BEA is the premiere international academic media organization driving insights, excellence in media production and career advancement for educators, students and professionals. BEA’s annual convention produces over 250 sessions on practice, theory and research, collaborative networking events and hands-on training workshops. It is co-located with NAB Show each April in Las Vegas.
The BEA2020 Convention Spotlight is….. Foresight is 20/20: Reimagining Media — The media landscape has been in flux for some time and for many practitioners and academics this flux has initiated curricular adjustments and industry changes. This year’s spotlight is intended to consider the ways educators and industry professionals navigate the contemporary media delivery ecosystem while anticipating trends, technology and changing business models.
Reimagining Media serves as the BEA2020 spotlight, but papers are not limited to this area of research. Papers should be submitted to the division that best fits that division’s goals and objectives. Each division selects up to four papers for BEA2020 presentation and additional papers may be selected for the Scholar-to-Scholar digital research (poster) session.
Membership & Convention Attendance — To enter a paper competition, you do NOT need to be a current member, but at least one (1) author of an accepted competitive paper MUST register and attend the BEA2020 convention to present. Winners will be notified by late January 2020. If you have questions regarding the submission process, please email the appropriate Interest Division paper chair.
BEA Members can submit papers to BEA’s All Academic site with their BEA membership login and password. If you know your BEA login – click here to access your All Academic account. If you forgot your BEA login, click here to reset.
If you ARE NOT a member, please click here to create an account.
Categories & Competitions – Submit your research to the relevant BEA interest division as a “Debut” or an “Open” paper. “Debut” is open only to those who have never presented a paper at a BEA convention, and “Open” if you have previously presented a paper at BEA. To help defray costs, 1st and 2nd place “Debut” winners receive $200 and $100 respectively. Regardless of the number of authors, BEA will award one check to the individual who submitted the paper.
Paper Submission Process — Once you login with your BEA login and password, follow the steps below:
- Submit a paper…Click on the link for “Submit or Edit a Paper or Program Proposal.”
- Select an Interest Division… Read the division descriptions and select the division to which you will submit your research. Papers may NOT be submitted to more than one division in the same year.
- Submit the title & abstract… Follow the guidelines to add a title and abstract
- Adding co-authors… At the prompt, add any co-authors to the paper. Note: If your co-author(s) aren’t BEA members, have them create All Academic accounts first so you can easily search and link them to the paper.
- Review & Upload… Review your information and upload your paper.
– Blind Review... Do NOT include a cover page with author and contact information and remove ALL author information from internal pages. Judges need to blindly review your papers. Papers are linked to your profile on the backend.
– Editing Abilities… You can edit and/or re-submit papers up until the deadline.
– Length & Style… The paper is not to exceed 30 double-spaced pages, including references & tables, and use of APA style or a style suited to the discipline is expected.