BEA invites scholarly media related research from academics, students and
professionals for presentation at BEA2019 in Las Vegas.
Call for Papers
DEADLINE: December 3, 2018
BEA Members can upload papers to the BEA2019 All Academic site with their BEA membership login and password. If you know you BEA login information login to your All Academic account. If you forgot your BEA membership password, please click here to reset.
If you ARE NOT a member, please click here to create an account.
Categories & Competitions — Submit your research directly to the relevant BEA interest division as either “Debut” or “Open” papers. The Debut category is open only to those who have never presented a paper at a BEA convention. To help defray convention costs, 1st and 2nd place winners in Debut categories receive $200 and $100 respectively. If you have previously presented a paper at a BEA convention, your submission category is “Open”.
Paper Submission Process — Once you login with your BEA login and password, follow the steps below:
- 1. Submit a paper… Click on the link for “Submit or Edit a Paper or Program Proposal.”
Select an Interest Division… Read the division descriptions and select the division to which you will submit your research. Papers may NOT be submitted to more than one division in the same year.
3. Submit the title & abstract… Follow the guidelines to add a title and abstract
4. Adding co-authors… At the prompt, add any co-authors to the paper. Note: If your co-author(s) aren’t BEA members, have them create All Academic accounts first so you can easily search and link them to the paper.
5. Review & Upload… Review your information and upload your paper.
– BLIND REVIEW.. Do NOT include a cover page with author and contact information and remove ALL author information from internal pages. Judges need to blindly review your papers. Papers are linked to your profile on the backend.
– Editing Abilities… You can edit and/or re-submit papers up until the deadline at 3:00 a.m. ET on December 4th.
– Length & Style… The paper is not to exceed 30 double-spaced pages, including references & tables, and use of APA style or a style suited to the discipline is expected.
This year’s spotlight aims to increase the dialogue between scholars and practitioners in order to build new partnerships and expand existing industry relationships; develop curricula in such a way that the insights gained from theory feed into practice; and identify research gaps and foster collaborative research projects with industry partners. Click for more.
Education & Industry serves as a spotlight for the convention, but papers are not limited to this area of research and discussion. Papers should be submitted to the division that best fits the goals and objectives of the interest division(s). Each division selects up to six papers for presentation at BEA2019 – four for presentation and two as alternates – additional papers may be selected for the Scholar-to-Scholar digital research (poster) session.
Membership & Convention Attendance — To enter a paper competition, you do NOT need to be a current member, but at least one (1) author of an accepted competitive paper MUST attend the BEA2019 convention to present. Winners will be notified by late January, 2019. If you have questions regarding the submission process, please email the appropriate Interest Division contact person/paper chair.