The University of Florida is seeking applications for the position of Lecturer in Sports Production.
This Lecturer will have the opportunity to serve in the Department of Telecommunication and play a leading role in the further development of a sports production specialization/certificate within the department. This track is designed to support the College’s initiatives to work with students to produce content for entities such as the University Athletic Association’s Gator Vision for ESPN and the SEC Network along with other content distributors in the north/central Florida area. The successful candidate will teach courses in the track including but not limited to Introduction to Sports Production, and possible new courses such as Remote Sports Production, Digital Video Sports Production. The Lecturer may also teach other courses in the telecommunications department. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations.
Five years professional experience required, and Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required. Industry experience in live sports production is highly desirable.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of engineering multi-camera event coverage for broadcast
• Understanding of maintenance, usage and design of specialist equipment used in event coverage and video production, such as Tricasters
• Demonstrated ability to address operational/technical equipment problems
• Demonstrated ability to produce and direct sports coverage for broadcast
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of sports
• Skill in visualizing and shooting concepts effectively
• Knowledge of cinematography principles, digital media formats and streaming methods
• Skill in production and editing
• Knowledge of broadcast rules, regulations and guidelines
• Knowledge of broadcasting production techniques and standards
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• Experience teaching and/or training
Please submit your resume/CV, cover letter, and three references. Review of applications will begin December 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
For inquiries about the position, email the Search Committee Chair Eric Esterline email@example.com
The selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an educational institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.
This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
For more details and to apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/7
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6ms