WKBN 27 First News in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for an experienced MMJ to enterprise investigative angles on daily coverage. These stories go beyond the basics of general assignment reporting and storytelling. These stories also uncover a problem, hold those responsible accountable and press for a solution. We believe in live coverage and expect multiple live shots on every shift. In addition to the daily reports, this MMJ will also work on larger, long-term investigations. Successful candidates should know the basics of data analysis, public information requests and backgrounding.
You’ll also get to live in a community with great food, great people, an extremely affordable cost of living and the largest city park in Ohio. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns or Steelers game in an hour.
Send us a resume with an online link showing some of your investigative work.
JOB SUMMARY: Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
* Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
* Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Conflict management.
* Detail oriented.
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
* Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (2) two year’s experience as a multi-platform journalist.
Training/Equipment: Camera and camera equipment. Newsroom computer system. Video editing and transmitting equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at http://www.wkbn.com/about-us/w