KOIN 6 is seeking a full-time administrative assistant/receptionist. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills and have the ability to prioritize tasks and remain professional at all times. We are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about their job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the front desk, welcome visitors, answer phone calls and respond to emails in a friendly and professional manner
• Provide administrative support to station managers and employees
• Order and maintain office and kitchen supplies
• Coordinate meetings and manage conference room schedules.
• Produce quarterly FCC reports and maintain online public file
• Serve as liaison to janitorial service, temp agency and copier support technicians
• Manage all confidential information appropriately, based on a “need to know” basis
• Assist with special projects
• Other duties as required
• Minimum of two years administrative assistant and/or receptionist experience
• Exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with the public
• Ability to meet challenges with professionalism and good humor
• Ability to create and edit documents using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks
• Proficiency with MS Office specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Notary certification is preferred
• Exceptional attendance record
• High School diploma, some college preferred
• Must be able to pass criminal background check
The schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pm with a 30-minute lunch break.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirement for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities: other duties may be assigned.
To apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://www.koin.com/about-us/
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing local news, network and syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out For You with 34 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather and traffic.