Execute various functions for live broadcasts, pre-recorded and on-air content within the KELO Media Center-specifically Master Control.
Manage on-air programming to all KELOLAND Stations.
Prepare logs, programming, commercial, and promo material for air.
Monitor local and remotely located transmitters systems.
Hours: 40 hours/week with benefits. Hours include overnight and weekend shifts. Shifts are consistently scheduled, but employees should expect to work fill-in hours around their normal shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks
• Updates and maintains signal control systems
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it
• Appends logs to the data management system
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
• Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements
• Ensures station compliance with FCC regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Technical Media Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Technical Media Operator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disa
Qualified applicants can apply online at www.nexstar.tv.