KRQE News 13, in Albuquerque is looking for a talented Weather Graphics Producer/Talent to help create & develop exceptional weather graphics that will help us tell the weather story of the day for multiple newscasts. In addition, the ideal candidate will report a weathercast on-air at least five times a week and will be a part of KRQE`s Team Weather Coverage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works closely with the weather team to develop & produce comprehensive weather graphics and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Assist the weather team in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Assist the weather team in breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Write & publish web stories detailing the local forecast, and performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
• Minimum one year of weather graphic creating experience.
• Degree in meteorology preferred.
• Knowledge of social media platforms.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Knowledge of WSI Weather Producer is a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to read computer monitor and small printing.
• Manual dexterity to operate computer, telephone, and other office machines.
• Ability to handle moderate stress on a regular basis with periods of high stress and deadline pressure.
• Able to withstand occasional extreme temperatures and adverse weather conditions.
Send Resume to:
Apply Online URL: https://broadcastcareers-nexst
Job Req #2019-5426
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER