KRQE News 13 a CBS affiliate is looking for a dynamic News Anchor/MMJ with exceptional reporting experience to anchor our weekend newscasts. The ideal candidate must be able to deliver newscasts accurately, clearly and concisely in an engaging manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information regarding articles through interviews, remark as well as research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its` competitors.
• Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
• Organize material and write articles based on the details and information obtained.
• Use various social platforms to give updates as well as news stories to the public.
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling as an MMJ using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education); plus (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position requires working on weekends and some holidays.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Send Resume & Apply online at https://broadcastcareers-nexst
Job Req #2019-5240