The Department of Communication is seeking an innovative electronic media faculty member to advance our electronic media concentration. We are an energetic department that sponsors a variety of student/faculty events, promotes innovative teaching, and boasts a strong connection with alumni and the community. The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Communication (including degree emphases in Electronic Media, Public Relations, Sports Information, and Organizational Communication) and has a solid track record of employment in the field for graduating seniors. See more at http://communication.mansfield
Applicant will have full responsibility for the Electronic Media concentration. The successful candidate is expected to teach Communication/Media Law and Introduction to Electronic Media and at least four of the following courses: Sports and the Media, American Electronic Media History, Electronic Media Programming, Electronic Media Sales & Management, Electronic Media Workshop, Audio Production, TV and Radio Announcing, Introduction to Video Production, Advanced Video Production, Principles of Advertising, Media Ethics, and Intro to Mass Media. Applicant must be able to be on campus five days a week and have rigorous expectations for students.
• Earned Master’s degree in Electronic Media or Mass Communication.
• Evidence of at least three years of full-time, effective college-level teaching experience in basic and advanced courses.
• PhD or ABD in Electronic Media or Mass Communication.
• Demonstrated ability to further develop the Electronic Media and/or Sports Information concentrations in 21st century directions, and/or applied experience in professional media industry.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Demonstrated ability to teach and evaluate students.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing technologies that support teaching and learning.
• Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Demonstration, through past accomplishments and behaviors, of the ability to support Mansfield University’s principles and values of Character, Scholarship, Culture, Service (http://www.mansfield.edu/mans
For full position description and requirements, including application procedures, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/car
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9ns