Huntington University invites applications for a tenure track position in Film Production beginning in the Fall of 2019. Our multi-award winning Digital Media Arts department seeks a candidate that is first and foremost committed to fulfilling their vocational calling to teach the next generation of visual storytellers and to continue professional work and help grow and give shape to the film and broadcasting areas of the department. The focus will be to nurture and prepare students to excel in their artistic expression and to channel their God-given talents toward successful careers in film and media production.
• Film and/or television production experience required
• Collaborative teaching experience in film/TV production/screenwriting preferred
• 5 years of experience in professional cinematography, post-production and/or sound preferred
• Doctorate or MFA preferred, with completion of terminal degree required by the time of tenure review
• Exemplify a Christian vision for the arts, and possess a strong desire for achieving excellence in the classroom and in film/media production
Huntington University is a Christian university and seeks applicants committed to its evangelical Christian mission, faith-learning integration, and liberal arts education. For more information, please see:
Benefits include TIAA, medical, life and disability insurance, and traditional undergraduate tuition remission for dependents. Huntington University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is committed to building a stronger multi-cultural campus climate and enthusiastically encourages women and ethnically diverse candidates to apply. The Huntington University faculty application form may be found at:
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, digital portfolio link showing work, completed faculty application form, and the names and contact information for three references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred), or mailed to Dr. Michael Wanous, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty, Huntington University, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.