Looking for a media / television production professional
FULL TIME TEACHING POSITION!
One of the world’s top 15 media production schools (Hollywood Reporter, 2017&18)
The RTA School of Media at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, has an opening for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor position in television production – seeking a visionary bridge-builder who connects traditional and contemporary television practices working across various media platforms.
Since 1953 the RTA School of Media has been a creative innovation hub of broadcasting, media, transmedia, gaming, interactive design and hybrid mobile production.
• a broad knowledge of media issues, best practices and industry challenges that will enable them to teach across the School as needed;
• an accomplished professional background in television production, with a minimum of five years of practical, hands-on experience in professional / multicamera broadcast television production and cross-platform production processes;
• a strong understanding of television issues and trends, traditional and innovative storytelling, and/or technical production, as well as engagement on various media platforms;
• a prior track record of teaching excellence at the college or university level, or of delivering professional training, as well as a willingness to supervise undergraduate and graduate students;
• a capacity to produce dynamic, focused research and/or creative work in the area of television production, theory and practices that results in the dissemination of research findings, and that has the potential to attract external funding;
• a demonstrated capacity for leadership and a willingness to familiarize themselves with the curriculum and culture of the RTA School of Media and to commit to student wellbeing; as well as to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of the job; and to making learning accessible and inclusive for a diverse student population;
• a proven capacity to synthesize and critically reflect on television issues, production practices and trends, and engage students to do the same.
Full posting: https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/f
Applicants must submit their application online via the Faculty Recruitment Portal (click on “Start Application Process” to begin) by February 19, 2019
Program Director, Media Production / Associate Professor
RTA School of Media, Ryerson University
Top 15 Universities in the world to study media -Hollywood Reporter-
Digital Cinema and Advanced Visualization Lab and Global Campus Network
Manager Toronto section, SMPTE – Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
Ph: 416-979–5000 x7007