KOIN 6, A Nexstar Broadcasting Inc. Television Station in Portland, Oregon is seeking a candidate to oversee and build up its social media properties, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, engagement and followers. We want a high-energy employee who has a passion for social media and a commitment to making the KOIN brand stronger on it.
JOB SUMMARY: Guide the news department’s efforts on social media, developing a strategy and a plan to execute it.
• Oversee and manage all of station’s social media platforms, with the goal of increasing engagement and followers
• Develop the station’s brand and voice on social media. Ensure that the ‘Watching Out For You’ brand gets established and built up on social platforms.
• Work with anchors/reporters to increase social presence, and help them show and enhance their personalities online.
• Create local social media videos.
• Implement techniques for social newsgathering.
• Work with promotions during events and sponsorships to develop social plans and strategies. Be point of contact during these times.
• Post stories to the website as necessary.
• Social media skills – facebook, twitter, etc
• Knowledge of digital publishing tools and platforms
• Ability to edit digital video
• Strong writing skills
• Background in working in news – an understanding of the styles, needs and workflows
Education/Experience: Background in journalism preferred; 3 years+ of digital journalism experience required.
Training/Equipment: knowledge of digital publishing tools
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Work will include working with other managers, department heads and news anchors.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
TO APPLY: Please visit the Work for us page on our Website at www.koin.com https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://bit.ly/2JxnUO8 to complete the application process.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing local news, network and syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out For You with 34 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather and traffic.