WLFI-TV seeks a television newscast producer. Our next newsroom team member will deliver news important to viewers with local, accurate, and visual content. WLFI’s newsroom is a team atmosphere and we’re looking for someone who can come in to play a pivotal role in our successful newsroom. The primary purpose is to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms using strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills.
• Developing newscasts and local programs; responsible for writing, and showcasing
• Working closely with news managers and assignment editors to determine content
• Executing time-sensitive decisions
• Responsible for oversight of live broadcast
• Desktop editing
• Posting content to WLFI’s Web site
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
• Experience as a producer preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of iNEWS, Edius
• Excellent conversational and creative writing skills
• Must have strong communication and organization skills
• Adaptable, self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Job offer contingent on Background Check and Drug Screen.
Apply online at www.wlfi.com – employment