School of Arts and Science – Assistant Professor of Mass Communications (Video)
Founded in 1897, Piedmont College is a private, comprehensive liberal arts college with an enrollment of approximately 2,200 students at campuses in Demorest and Athens, Georgia.
Piedmont College in Demorest, Georgia, invites applications for a full-time position in Mass Communications at the level of assistant professor to begin August 1, 2018.
• Ph.D. in Mass Communications or a related field is preferred with expertise in video production
• Professional experience in video/film production, electronic media or related fields preferred
• Teach 21 hours per year to include introductory to advanced courses in video and field production and some combination of the following: mass media survey, public speaking and electronic media management.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Premiere Pro).
• Advise one of Piedmont’s award-winning student media organizations
• Advise undergraduate students
• Scholarly development, service to the College and community also required
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, unofficial copies of transcripts, Curriculum Vitae, and contact information for three references to ASapplicant@piedmont.edu with MCOM Video Position in the subject heading.