School of Arts and Science – Assistant Professor of Mass Communications (New Media)
Founded in 1897, Piedmont College is a private, comprehensive liberal arts college with an enrollment of approximately 2,200 students at campuses in Demorest and Athens, Georgia.
Piedmont College in Demorest, Georgia, invites applications for a full-time position in Mass Communications at the level of assistant professor to begin August 1, 2018.
• Ph.D. in Mass Communications or a related field is preferred
• Incorporate multi-platform and social media elements into the instruction with the ability to work and teach across current and emerging media platforms, including gaming, mobile media, digital culture, social media, and multimedia storytelling
• Working knowledge of XHTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop), and WordPress is essential
• Teach 21 hours per year in new media and some combination of the following: mass media survey, public speaking and electronic media management.
• Advise one of Piedmont’s award-winning student media organizations
• Advise undergraduate students
• Scholarly development, service to the College and community also required
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, unofficial copies of transcripts, Curriculum Vitae, and contact information for three references to ASapplicant@piedmont.edu with MCOM Media Position in the subject heading.
Piedmont College has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.
Piedmont College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, or religion.