Tenure Track Journalism Position
California State University, Los Angeles
College of Arts & Letters
Department of Television, Film and Media Studies
Assistant Professor of Journalism
Starting Date: August 2018
1) Earned MA, MS, or MFA degree in Journalism or closely-related discipline from accredited institution required;
2) Minimum three years of professional experience in multi-platform, digital journalism;
3) Successful university-level teaching experience, and;
4) Ability to demonstrate commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural/multiethnic urban campus environment with a substantial population of first-generation students.
1) Supervision of university-based student-driven online, broadcast and print journalism platforms;
2) Record of research, scholarly and/or creative activity involving students;
3) Earned Ph.D. in journalism or related disciplines from an accredited institution;
4) Demonstrated experience and/or training in visual, audio and print news production, including graphic design and animation;
5) Demonstrated experience and/or training with Adobe CC, Adobe Clips, ENPS, R, as well as related or similar software used to produce news content, and;
6) Ability to communicate in multiple languages.
Submit: 1) letter of application specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) list of three professional references, and; 4) University Application for Academic Employment (found here). Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts. Employment contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Review of applications begins December 20, 2017, and continues until position filled.
Email applications, required documentation and/or requests for information to: