• Terminal degree (M.F.A.) from an accredited institution required.
• Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the university or college level required.
• Demonstrated evidence of professional experience in television production required.
• Demonstrated commitment and ability to teach, mentor and work with a diverse student population required.
• Background in both multi-camera television studio production and single-camera video field production desired.
• Experience in pre-production, production and post-production desired.
• Willingness to participate in the university’s commitment to obtaining research and creative activity support from federal, state, corporate, and foundation sponsored programs desired.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States.
Faculty members are expected to teach beginning, intermediate and advanced courses in television multi-camera studio production and directing. Teach single-camera video and editing. Conduct and disseminate discipline-specific research and/or creative work. Advise students and participate in faculty governance. For purposes of reappointment, tenure, and promotion, emphasis will be placed on teaching effectiveness, scholarly and/or creative achievement, and service to the University and community. Faculty is expected to contribute professionally at the state and national levels.
Teaching may be assigned in a second area of expertise appropriate to the qualifications of the candidate, including courses in the General Education Curriculum.
Screening of applications will begin January 31, 2018. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three current letters of recommendation to the address below. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide verification of terminal degrees, licenses and certificates.
This institution is using Interfolio’s By Committee to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge to: