WLFI, in West Lafayette, is seeking an IT and Broadcast Engineer. This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, network serves, and broadcast transmission equipment.
• Assist with the building and installation of electronic systems and equipment
• Sets-up all new hire network log-in configurations, assists with new cell phone configurations
• Provide desktop support for standard business applications as well as specialized broadcast scheduling systems
• Develops and updates technical job skills, and provides training on new systems.
• Maintain the station’s network infrastructure.
• Provide technical support to on-air and news operations
• Document all work, providing signal flow diagrams as required
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Microsoft and Cisco certifications are desirable
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associate’s degree (AAS) in electronics or Information Technology is highly desirable
• Experience is not a must; recent graduates will be considered
• Broadcast experience is a plus, but not required
• Windows operating experience including Windows XP/Office 365, 7/Server, 2003/Windows, 2008/Red Hat Linux and Mac OSX. Previous project management experience preferred.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Job offer contingent on Background Check and Drug Screen.
Apply online at www.wlfi.com