KSNW-NBC, in Wichita, KS, is a station in growth mode, and is looking for a sales leader to continue to increase multiplatform revenues. This leader will need to build on a positive and collaborative culture rooted in diligence, respect and excellence.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Sales is responsible for leading, teaching, and motivating the sales team along with growing local revenue.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leading to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Oversee local sales across a region of markets.
• Communicate effectively and work with and through local, national and general sales managers as well as general managers.
• Plan and direct staffing, training and performance evaluation to develop staff.
• Prepare budgets.
• Direct and coordinate activities involving digital sales.
• Manage and confer with potential clients and customers.
• Leadership across all digital platforms to include branding/execution and research.
• Strong leadership and team-building skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, writing, & presentation skills.
• Excellent communication skills,
• Must be well organized, exude high energy, and have the ability to motivate others.
Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five (5) years of sales management experience. Broadcast sales management a plus. Must have strong record of understanding process development and management.
Training/Equipment: Strong MS Office skills including Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint are required. MS Project & HRIS experience is a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel and long work hours may be required. A valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required.
NOTE: This job description contains basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at http://ksn.com/about-us/jobs/. Enter “General Sales Manager” in the search field.