KSNW TV in Wichita, KS, is looking for a talented meteorologist who is ready to work in one of the most dynamic weather markets in the country. Top notch forecasting and radar skills must be matched by great communication skills and a positive learning attitude. Our new team member will also need to be enthusiastic about competing in the digital space, and the spaces that haven’t even been invented yet! Knowledge of Baron systems a plus. BS in Meteorology or equivalent required. NWA and/or AMS Seal a plus, Seal eligible strongly preferred. If you are looking for a place to learn and take your work to the next level, our team needs you!
JOB SUMMARY: Deliver weather accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce and report weather and/or science related stories across all media platforms.
• Present live weather reports from the station as well as in the field.
• Write weather stories and update forecast information on station website.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story.
• Create maps and graphics to illustrate weather conditions.
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Proficiency with Baron’s weather systems preferred.
• Detail oriented.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in meteorological science required. At least three years of on-air television experience in forecasting and presenting weather. Certified meteorologist desired.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required. Position requires work on weekends and holidays. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at http://ksn.com/about-us/jobs/. Enter “Meteorologist” in the search field.