Are you a leader? A planner? An organizer? Do you dream of college basketball in your sleep? Here’s your shot at running a sports department in the heart of it all – with Wichita State in our backyard, and Kansas and K-State as neighbors, there’s plenty of action on the boards to cover in depth. We’re looking for the next person to lead our sports department, organize and plan our daily and special coverage and communicate the goals and expectations to the news.
JOB SUMMARY: Deliver newscasts accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify accurate information regarding articles through interviews, remark as well as research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
• Organize material and write articles based on the details and information obtained.
• Use various social platforms to give updates as well as news stories to the public.
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education); plus (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel will be required. Position requires work on weekends and holidays.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Apply online at http://ksn.com/about-us/jobs/. Enter “Sports Director” in the search field.