BEA Ignite: Call For Entries
Entry Deadline: December 1, 2014
Accepted entrants will be notified by January 15, 2015
BEA Ignite @ BEA2015
We’re seeking your most innovative teaching ideas. As part of this quest (and back by popular demand) we present “BEA Ignite” – where you can share your best classroom project/exercise/ideas. Following the traditional “ignite” format, presenters get 5 minutes and 20 slides to share their passionate teaching idea. The ten best “ignite” ideas will be selected to make their presentations “live” during a BEA2015 session.
BEA Ignite Examples
- Ice breaker for the first day of class
- How to make class groups effective
- How to teach stand-ups
- Feedback methods for students
- Peer to peer grading
- Ways to make team teaching work
- Grading made simple
Slide format can be either Mac based or PC using Prezi, Keynote or Powerpoint, BUT the slides MUST be emailed in advance and are strictly limited to 5 minutes.
It’s Simple to Enter
Send an email with: BEA Ignite – “Name of Your Presentation” in the subject line & your attached slides (only 20) to upload.BEA2015.firstname.lastname@example.org OR upload below and include the following five (5) things in the body of the email or the Description.
- Summarize your topic in 140 characters ( A Tweet)
- Share, in no more than a paragraph, how you think this will help other broadcast educators improve their teaching. (email to BEAMemberServices@nab.org if you need more room.)
BEA Ignite will take place during BEA2015 on Sunday, April 12th at the Westgate Las Vegas.To view past Ignite presentations visit http://beaignite.wordpress.com/